Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms

I love spinach artichoke dip.  I love stuffed mushrooms.  Now I love them together.  With steak.  I love steak.  OK, fine.  I love to eat.  Period.  

Tonight I had one of the most satisfying meals I've had since I cut grains out of my diet.  It was a bit time consuming but well worth it.  The stuffed mushrooms weren't hard to make.  They just involved a lot of steps.

I used a cast iron grill for the steak.  I just seasoned it with season salt and pepper. 




The shit thrown in for tonight's delicioiusness:

2 packages mushrooms
2 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red onion, chopped
3 large handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp mayo
1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 can artichokes, chopped
Salt to taste
Shredded Parmesan

Melt butter in a skillet.  Add garlic cloves and onions.  Cook until onions are tender.  Add spinach, cook about a minute.  Set aside to cool. 

Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, artichokes, and salt.  Add 1/2 of the cooled onion mixture.  Mix well.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

Remove stems from mushrooms.  Spoon filling into mushroom caps, mounding some on top.  Place filled caps into a baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.  Bake 20 minutes.  Remove foil; bake 10 to 15 more minutes.  Sprinkle shredded Parmesan on the top of the mushrooms.  Place under broiler for about 3 minutes to melt the Parmesan.

I used the rest of the onion mixture to make a topping for the steak. 



Remaining onion mixture
Remaining 1/2 can artichokes
Mushroom stems
Worcestershire
Butter

Put everything together in a pan.  Cook until mushrooms are tender.  Spoon on top of steak; top with leftover mushroom filling.

When we were done eating I put all of the leftovers together in the same bowl.  I hope they're good all mixed together!

No comments:

Post a Comment