Thursday, January 19, 2012

Coconut Curry Chicken and Broccoli

Wow.  I've never had coconut milk with curry before.  I can't believe I've never tried this!  I've really been missing out.  A huge thank you goes out to the friends that encouraged me to try this combination.

Chicken, vegetables, coconut milk, and curry cooked together and served over broccoli.  The smell was absolutely amazing.  It definitely tasted as good as it smelled!  I used two different skillets but I don't know why you couldn't cook this all in one. 


Coconut Curry Chicken


2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
Butter
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 tsp curry powder, divided
1 can coconut milk
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup water
1 tsp basil
Salt and pepper to taste


Throw chicken into a hot skillet.  Add 1 tsp curry powder, salt and pepper.  Cook until chicken is done.


Melt butter, add onion, celery, carrots and 1 tsp curry powder.  Cook until vegetables are tender.  Add coconut milk, chicken bouillon, water and basil.  Add cooked chicken.  Simmer a bit to let flavors combine.


I served this over steamed broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment