Saturday, January 14, 2012

BBQ Beef Casserole

Leftovers.  Ahh sweet leftovers.  Sometimes I love having them in the refrigerator.  It's so nice to be able to just grab something and reheat.  Sometimes they go uneaten and have to be thrown out.  It's really frustrating to watch that good food go into the trashcan.  I'd hate to know how much hard earned money we've thrown out!

The roast beef I made last week was still sitting in the refrigerator.  We've been eating on it all week so I'm really tired of it.  I shredded up the roast and added bbq sauce to make bbq beef.  I know my family.  I know they can't eat bbq beef without bread of some kind.  I'm trying to cut out grains so I decided to use the bbq beef in a casserole.  Problem solved and I have the convenience of everything in one dish.  I rummaged through the pantry to see what would go along with the beef.  We're pretty happy with the results.


Shit thrown in the casserole dish today:

BBQ Beef (leftover roast with bbq sauce thrown in)

1 can Rotel
1 can corn, drained
1/2 onion, chopped
Fresh spinach
2 tbsp butter
8 oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
Black olives

Cook onions in butter until soft.

Put the bbq beef in the bottom of a casserole dish.  Layer spinach, rotel, corn, and onions on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.  Put cheese and olives on top, bake 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.

I put rice in the bottom of the bowls but it really isn't necessary.  There was some leftover in the fridge that needed to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment