Sunday, January 8, 2012

One Sunday, Two Crockpots

I love Sunday.  It is my day to sleep in.  I usually wake up early.  I get up alone to watch a few shows on Food Network.  Once I'm ready to get moving I get into the kitchen.

I haven't enjoyed a Sunday of cooking in a few weeks.  Things have been so hectic at work that I haven't really done much cooking.  Those days are over and things are back to normal.  As normal as things can be in this household!

Today I have yummy goodness cooking in two crockpots.  One is filled with roast and vegetables.  The other is full of a meatball soup.  Nothing overly exciting but they both smell delicious.

I got this roast on sale yesterday.  I didn't really need it but it was too beautiful to pass up.  It's been a while since I've seen a roast this nice looking on sale.  Of course I had to get two.




It's just a roast thrown in with your basic vegetables.  Carrots, celery, potatoes, and onion.  I put in beef bouillon, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Again, nothing fancy.  Just a crockpot full of comfort.


For the soup I actually started with a recipe.  I think I have control issues.  I just cannot follow a recipe.  I try.  Really...I do!  It just doesn't happen.  I was going to make the Beef and Zucchini Soup from e-mealz.  My burger wasn't thawed.  I had other veggies that I needed to use.  I ditched the recipe.  Sort of.  Another crockpot full of comfort.

Meatball Soup

1 bag frozen beef meatballs
2 or 3 carrots
Half an onion
5 or 6 radishes
3 celery stalks
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
1 can diced tomatoes
2 zucchini
Beef bouillon
Crushed red pepper flakes
Italian seasoning
Thyme


Everything was cut into bite size pieces and thrown in.  I cut the radishes pretty small.  I'm not sure that we even like radishes!




There you have today's shit thrown in for comforting yummy goodness.  I can't wait to eat!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it yet. It smells amazing! Adam really liked it.

    ReplyDelete