Saturday, January 7, 2012

It Started as Stir-Fry

And became soup.  As I was cooking the meat and veggies the delicious smell was overwhelming.  It was comforting and just felt like it should be a soup.

I'm not usually a fan of soup.  It just doesn't satisfy the craving in my brain.  I like meat.  Soup doesn't always have enough meat in it.  I suppose if I make my own I can put as much meat in it as I want.  Meat soup.  Now we're talkin'!

The shit thrown in my Dutch oven:

Smoked sausage
Onion
Green pepper
Red pepper
Mushrooms
Coleslaw mix
Italian herbs
Chicken bouillon
Water

I'm unsure of the measurements.  I used just enough water to make it a soup and cover all of the other ingredients.  Italian herbs to taste.  I think I did two shakes of my little herb jar.  


Cut up the smoked sausage, onion, and peppers.  Cook in the Dutch oven until veggies are tender.  Add mushrooms and cook a few minutes longer.  Add rest of ingredients and simmer until coleslaw mix is no longer crunchy.


I ate this with shredded Italian three cheese blend on top.  So so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment