Friday, January 6, 2012

Chicken Fiesta Soup



Or something like that.  

It all started with a purchase of forty pounds of chicken.  Now to figure out how to cook that chicken.

I knew I wanted to use the crockpot.  I just couldn't decide what flavors I wanted along with the chicken.  I ended up with a soup that smells absolutely amazing.  It is still cooking so I haven't tasted it yet.  I can't stand the wait!


Tonight's shit thrown in my crockpot:


4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 tbsp butter
carrots
green pepper
red pepper
onion
2 cans pinto beans
half a jar of salsa (would have used whole jar but half was all I had)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can tomato sauce
cumin
chili powder
chicken bouillon


I can't wait to put this soup in my bowl and top it with sour cream, cheese, and maybe some avocado. 

No comments:

Post a Comment